Meet Peter Ta'Bois
Peter Ta'Bois is a palaeontologist and natural history expert who has spent much of his life researching the history of Planet Earth through the study of fossils. He has travelled extensively and visited many sites of dinosaur fossils and those of other ancient animals.
He is the owner of one of the largest collections of real and replica fossils in the United Kingdom and has exhibited and lectured in some of the most prestigous establishments around the country and further afield.
Peter is renowned in his field and has given many talks on palaeontology and prehistory and has also appeared internationally as an expert guest speak on television and in other media around the world due to his wealth of knowledge in these areas.
He has lectured for National Geographic and the Royal Horticultural Society as well as presenting at numerous museums and trusts including the Sedgewick Museum and Natural History Wildlife Trust.
An Extraordinary Life
Born in Kensington in 1958, Peter's life has been far from ordinary and it is because of this that his talks are so fascinating and popular with audiences of all kinds.
Having being abandoned by his mother as a young child, Peter's early years were spent in children's homes before being removed from foster parents and then finally adopted. At Primary school he struggled with dyslexia and dyspraxia but still managed to gain O-Levels and obtaina job at a garden centre. From here, Peter gained further qualifications in horticulture and arboriculuture which led to him starting his own business and the beginning of his passion for nature.
Later in life, his son made headlines with the discovery of a real fossilized dinosaur egg which kickstarted Peter's fascination with the prehistoric world and palaeontology.
Public Speaking - One Life, Two Stories
Choose from one of two topics of guest speaking provided by Peter
Peter Ta'Bois - My Rocky Road to Success
- The true story of Peter's incredible life and the challenges he has faced throughout.
- From abandoned child to successful business owner, learn about Peter's struggles with adversity, dyslexia and dyspraxia and how he overcame these to be a success.
- A highly engaging insight into Peter's journey from the discovery of a dinosaur egg to becoming a renowned natural history expert, find out about what inspired Peter to achieve so much.
- Highly interactive guest speaking session with props and images to bring Peter's story to life.
- A 45-minute to 1-hour talk or two 30-minute sessions.
- Each talk is tailored to cater for the audience including adults / societies / students etc.
Dinosaurs, Fossils and the life of a Palaeontologist
- Discover the world of a Palaeontologist and how their fascinating discoveries unfold from initial find, through excavation to scientific study and finally to museum exhibition.
- From the Jurassic Coast to the Caribbean, follow Peter's journey to discover and unlock the secrets of fossils.
- Learn about the UK's history of fossil discovery and the fascinating life of Mary Anning, a trailblazer ahead of her time.
- Learn how a real dinosaur egg was the catalyst that led to a life-time passion for dinosaurs and fossils.
- A fascinating, rich talk including props and slides to engage and entertain audiences of all ages.
- Individually tailored to each audience, Peter's talks can last from 30 minutes to 1 hour.